Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America from 1918-1968. These records describe the business activities of Local 442 including the Meat Cutter's strikes of 1939 over agreements and of 1945 for a new contract to give union members a holiday on New Year's Day. A meat shortage of the mid-1940s resulted in a drop on the number of new members, loss and unemployment of old members, and dwindling money reserves....
Dates: 1918-1968; 1987
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Temple Association was founded in 1910 by a group of unions and individuals to provide office and meeting space for Atlanta's labor community. Records include extensive minutes (1910-1963), statements and other financial records, material (1916) from a cornerstone of the Labor Temple, and a historical collection (1896-1947).
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract: The Records, 1956-1971, of the Georgia State Council of Machinists consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material, the bulk being correspondence and minutes.
Abstract The wives of faculty organized the Georgia State University Women’s Club on October 8, 1934. The records, 1934-1988, consist of financial records, yearbooks, meeting minutes, and correspondence that involved the faculty wives and women faculty members.
Found in: Georgia State University Archives
Abstract: International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 89 existed in Cheyenne, Wyoming during the late 19th and into the twentieth century. The records includes minutes, financial records, correspondence, rolls and dues lists, administrative records of the Ladies Auxiliary, railroad maintenance booklets, and other general administrative records and items.
Dates: 1892-1972; Majority of material found within 1919 - 1940
Abstract: The collection consists of ledger books (including minutes, cash books, membership rolls and dues) that document the business activity of the Machinists' Local Lodge 846 for the years 1913-1956.
Abstract: The Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America, District Council 38, records include minutes, financial and legal documents, and correspondence that describe internal disciplinary actions and external jurisdictional disputes.
Abstract: Records concern both Savannah's AFL Council in its opposition to local organizing activity of the CIO, and the subsequent AFL-CIO Council's concern for promoting labor's goals in the city.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
- Special Collections 12
- Georgia State University Archives 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 6
- Central labor councils 5
- Labor union locals 5
- membership lists 5
- Labor unions -- Political activity 3
- Machinists -- Labor unions 3
- correspondence 3
- Georgia 2
- Industrial relations 2
- Labor unions 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Cheyenne (Wyo.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Florida 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Machinists 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Paperhangers 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.) 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Women -- Education (Higher) 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- yearbooks 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Atlanta Federal Labor Union 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Atlanta Labor Temple 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 4 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Engraved Steel Plate Finisher's Association 1
- Florida AFL-CIO 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State Council of Machinists 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Georgia State University. Women's Club 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 89 (Cheyenne, Wyo.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 846 (Washington, D.C.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Trades and Labor Assembly (Savannah, Ga.) 1 ∧ less