Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The records of the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Local 193, 1905-1972 contain four minute books (1905-1911, 1927-1932, 1937-1940, and 1952-1957) that describe primarily routine internal union business, especially finances, meetings, and legal affairs.
Abstract: The Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America, District Council 38, records include minutes, financial and legal documents, and correspondence that describe internal disciplinary actions and external jurisdictional disputes.
United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Abstract: The records of the United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.), 1952-1972, consist of correspondence dealing primarily with disputes with other unions over jurisdictional limits and with the entrance requirements, training, examination, restriction and certification of apprentices.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
- correspondence 3
- minutes (administrative records) 3
- Labor union locals 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 2
- Paperhangers 2
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Central labor councils 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 193 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada. Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less