Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract: This collection consists of one folder of correspondence and greeting cards from the files of Hugh Mercer, Jr., son of Johnny Mercer’s half-brother.
Dates: circa 1937-1973
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District Lodge 96 (Savannah, Ga.) records
Abstract International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District Lodge 96 (Savannah, Ga.) records consist of company and office files. Included in both types of files are information on organizing union/NLRB elections, grievances, arbitration, negotiations, correspondence (between the district lodge, the companies and the IAMAW headquarters), and agreements. The office files also include some research information on the Savannah shipyards where some of the members worked. The collection...
Dates: 1940-1984; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1979
Abstract: Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.), work in the construction industry. The records of the local are comprised of bylaws, correspondence, contract agreements, and documentation of the apprenticeship program, 1944-1984.
Abstract: The records of International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) consist of office files, ledgers, publications, and some separated material. The collection includes dues and minute books from "colored" Local 1463 which joined Local 30 in the 1960s.
Abstract: The Johnny and Ginger Mercer Papers contain manuscripts, photographs, sheet music, recordings, printed materials, and memorabilia documenting the early careers (1920s through about 1931) of both Johnny and Ginger Mercer; their courtship and marriage (1930 and 1931); and Johnny Mercer's career as a songwriter, performer, and businessman as it continued after their marriage; Johnny Mercer's work as a lyricist.
Dates: 1925-circa 1992
Abstract: John Herndon Mercer (1909-1976), a native of Savannah, Georgia, began writing songs at the age of fifteen and eventually became one of the foremost figures of 20th century American popular music. His catalog includes many numbers that have become American classics, and his activities as lyricist, composer, performer and businessman span a period of nearly five decades. The Johnny Mercer papers consist of biographical materials (including an unpublished autobiography), correspondence, drafts and...
Abstract: A Savannah, Georgia businessman, Nick Mamalakis was associated with lyricist Johnny Mercer's family and its businesses from 1930, and was the primary advocate of plans to bring the papers of Johnny Mercer to the archives at Georgia State University. His papers include articles, newsclippings, correspondence and printed material relating to Johnny Mercer and to the acquisition of the Johnny Mercer Papers by Georgia State University, and brief manuscript by Nick Mamalakis describing the events...
- Popular music 4
- Labor union locals 3
- Lyricists 3
- Los Angeles (Calif.) 2
- Lyric writing (Popular music) 2
- Popular music in motion pictures 2
- Sound recording industry 2
- photographs 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Building trades 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Electric industries 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Electricians -- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Popular music -- Awards 1
- arbitration 1
- black-and-white photographs 1
- books 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- contracts 1
- ledgers (account books) 1
- manuscripts (document genre) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- periodicals 1
- photographic prints 1
- sheet music 1
- theater programs 1 ∧ less
- Mercer, Johnny, 1909-1976 4
- Capitol Records, Inc. 1
- Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977 1
- Georgia State University 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 96 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades 1
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- Mamalakis, Nick 1
- Mercer, Ginger (Elizabeth Meltzer), 1909-1994 1
- Mercer, Hugh, Jr. 1
- Savannah River Plant (E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Company) 1 ∧ less