Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The Newport News Central Labor Council records contain correspondence, minutes and financial documents concerning affiliation of local unions, delegates, charities, voter registration drives, organizing campaigns, and race issues.
Abstract: The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO, 1947-1976, consist primarily of minutes, directories, memoranda, contracts, correspondence and lists of both affiliated and non-affiliated local unions in Virginia.
Abstract: The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
Dates: 1956, 1963-1984
- Industrial relations 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Building trades 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Racial discrimination 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Voter registration 1 ∧ less
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 1018 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Newport News Central Labor Council (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 540 (Newport News, Va.) 1