Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents of the Collection Legal judgements from 1975 make up the collection.
Abstract: Beth Farokhi worked as an administrator in the College of Education at Georgia State University (GSU). She was a member of and held multiple elected positions within the American Association of University Women (AAUW). Farokhi was one of the co-principal investigators for Integrating Gender Equity and Reform (InGEAR) in higher education, a grant-funded initiative. Her papers, 1937, 1976-2007, document her GSU career, AAUW service, and the development and funding of InGEAR.
Dates: 1937, 1976-2007
Identifier: G1998-11A, G2001-14
Abstract: Gayle Austin was coordinator and literacy manager for the Women's Project in New York City before becoming a professor of Communication at Georgia State University. Her scholarly interests included gender and performance, dramaturgy, and interdisciplinary forms of performance. She also authored feminist theory plays. Gayle Austin's papers comprise research and course materials as well as records related to theatrical productions and performances. The materials reflect Austin's career both...
Abstract: Linda A. Bell, born in 1940, grew up in the Daytona, Florida area. Bell taught at Georgia State University from 1968 to 2004. The Linda A. Bell papers span Bell's 34-year career at Georgia State University as a professor of Philosophy and Women's Studies and document her teaching, administrative and research work.
Abstract: During her tenure at GSU (1933-1947, 1953-1971), Nell Trotter taught classes in social ethics, home economics, history, political science, and business communication. She went on to become Assistant Dean of Students, Dean of Women, and Assistant Professor of Business Education. The materials in the Nell H. Trotter papers reflect some of Trotter's personal and professional life between 1934 and 1971, as well as changing attitudes to and of women in higher education throughout the twentieth...
Dates: 1880-1987; Majority of material found within 1934 - 1971
Scope and Contents of the Papers Files related to the Georgia State University chapter of the American Association of University Professors make up the bulk of the Pickett H. Riggs papers.
Scope and Contents of the Papers Richard M. Forbes papers, 1956-1980, include reading files, records related to Georgia State University's self-study reports, material regarding the Real Estate Department and School of Urban Life, and reports and studies about Atlanta planning.
Scope and Content of the Papers Collection consists of published works, conference papers, and research proposals/studies documenting age relations, ethnic groups, and women. See also "Curriculum Vitae" and "Honors."
- Georgia State University Archives 5
- Special Collections 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 8
- Women in higher education 3
- Women's studies 3
- Feminism 2
- Anthropology -- Study and teaching 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Educational equalization 1
- Feminist theater 1
- Georgia 1
- History -- Study and teaching 1
- History teachers 1
- Philosophy -- Study and teaching 1
- Real estate business 1
- Real property 1
- Universities and colleges 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula 1
- Women educators 1
- Women in education 1
- decisions 1 ∧ less
- Georgia State University 3
- American Association of University Professors. Georgia State University Chapter 2
- American Association of University Women. Atlanta Branch 2
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Philosophical Association 1
- Austin, Gayle 1
- Bell, Linda A. 1
- Farokhi, Elizabeth 1
- Fennell, Valerie 1
- Fink, Gary M. 1
- Forbes, Richard M. 1
- Georgia Association of Deans 1
- Georgia State University. College of Business Administration 1
- Georgia State University. Department of History 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Dean of Students 1
- Georgia State University. Women's Studies Institute 1
- Georgia. Governor's Commission on the Status of Women. Educational Committee 1
- National Women's Studies Association 1
- Riggs, Pickett H. 1
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy 1
- Trotter, Nell H., 1904-1996 1 ∧ less