Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Alice C. Young has been involved in various community groups and causes. One of her lifetime commitments has been improving the conditions of women both on and off campus. Correspondence, minutes, agendas, reports, printed materials, photographs and artifacts make up the papers of Alice C. Young.
Scope and Content of the Records The records contain information about the Alumni Office from the late 1950s up to 1993. These records show how Alumni have become involved in the University over the course of the past several decades through fundraising, politics, and other activities.As one of the functions of the Alumni Office is to raise funds to help the University, there are many records relating to fundraising (the Phonothon in particular), mailing campaigns, donation records, and fund distribution. Also...
Scope and Contents of the Records Minutes, correspondence, reports, and other records document the Georgia State University College of Arts and Sciences, 1958-1991. Included is extensive documentation about Arts and Sciences assembled for the University's 1987 Self-Study.
Abstract: Kathleen "Kay" Crouch earned an M.B.A. in Counseling Psychology (Washington University, 1959), and a Doctor of Education in Educational Psychology (University of Georgia, 1970). She worked in the Atlanta Public School System, 1959-1967, before her career at Georgia State University. At Georgia State, she served as a member of the Counseling faculty (1969-1973), Vice President of University Operations (1973-1977), Assistant Vice President for Student Services (1977-1978), and Vice President for...
Dates: 1956-1992; Majority of material found within 1982 - 1989
Abstract: During her tenure at GSU (1933-1947, 1953-1971), Nell Trotter taught classes in social ethics, home economics, history, political science, and business communication. She went on to become Assistant Dean of Students, Dean of Women, and Assistant Professor of Business Education. The materials in the Nell H. Trotter papers reflect some of Trotter's personal and professional life between 1934 and 1971, as well as changing attitudes to and of women in higher education throughout the twentieth...
Dates: 1880-1987; Majority of material found within 1934 - 1971
Scope and Content of the Records The office files in this collection document the publicity and media communications activities of the Office of Public Relations/Department of Public Information during the period from the 1960s through the early 1990s. The office files consist largely of correspondence and news articles about Georgia State that were released by the department and/or published by newspapers in Georgia and elsewhere. The scrapbooks include newspaper and magazine articles about the institution, as well as some...
Dates: circa 1930-1992
Scope and Content of the Records Financial information, minutes, correspondence, reports, and logs generated during Eli Zubay's William Suttles's terms as Vice President of Academic Affairs, 1967-1982.
Scope and Contents of the Records Records of the Vice President for Administrative Services include Georgia State University Camplus Master Plan Studies, 1976 Self-Study, and committee files, 1957-1990.
Dates: 1957, 1965, 1967-1986, 1990
- Georgia State University Archives 5
- Special Collections 3
- Universities and colleges 2
- Women in higher education 2
- correspondence 2
- Counseling in higher education 1
- Curriculum planning 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Georgia 1
- Study skills 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Women and religion 1
- audiotapes 1
- manuscripts (document genre) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photographs 1
- scrapbooks 1
- videotapes 1 ∧ less
- Georgia State University 5
- Langdale, Noah (Noah Noel), 1920-2008 2
- Suttles, William M., 1920-2003 2
- American Association for Counseling and Development 1
- American Association of University Women. Atlanta Branch 1
- American College Personnel Association 1
- Crouch, Kathleen Duncan, 1915-1998 1
- DeKalb Community College 1
- Georgia Association for Counseling and Development 1
- Georgia Association of Deans 1
- Georgia College Personnel Association 1
- Georgia State University. Alumni Office 1
- Georgia State University. College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Georgia State University. Department of Public Information 1
- Georgia State University. Office of Public Relations 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Dean of Students 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Services 1
- Georgia State University. Student Center 1
- Georgia State University. Vice President for Administrative Services 1
- Georgia. Governor's Commission on the Status of Women. Educational Committee 1
- Manners, George 1
- Palms, John M. 1
- Southern Association for College Student Affairs 1
- Trotter, Nell H., 1904-1996 1
- Unitarian-Universalist Congregation of Atlanta 1
- Young, Alice C., 1923- 1
- Zubay, Eli A. 1 ∧ less