Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Eula McGill was an organizer in the Southern textile factory worker movement of the 1930s. Her papers contain scrapbook material, composed of newspapers, clippings, and programs, which pertains to her organizing activities for the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America in Tennessee and other topics.
The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Tennessee 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile workers 1
- Women in the labor movement 1
- Women labor leaders 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Research Consortium for the Southwide Textile Strike of 1934 1