Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Southern Region, Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America records are made up of office files, including correspondence; files documenting the activities of some local unions; and court hearings related to two cases.
Don McKee, born in 1916, was a union organizer for the Textile Workers Union of America and a professor at Upsala College. Don McKee's Textile Workers Union of America Organizing Files consist of organizer reports from 1939 to 1949, organizing campaign publicity materials, union literature and a copy of his manuscript, "Organizing Southern Textile Workers: Early Days with the CIO."
Eula McGill was an organizer in the Southern textile factory worker movement of the 1930s. Her papers contain scrapbook material, composed of newspapers, clippings, and programs, which pertains to her organizing activities for the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America in Tennessee and other topics.
Fred Halstead worked as an organizer for the Textile Workers Union of America throughout the South during the 1950s and 1960s, and took part in strikes in South Georgia and Alabama. Halstead's papers include Textile Workers Union of America activity reports relating his various organizing campaigns, 1959, 1961-1967. The papers include histories of strikes in South Georgia and Alabama, minutes of the Los Angeles Joint Board, correspondence and printed material.
International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, Southeast Regional Office records, circa 1950s-1990s, contain correspondence, business contracts, negotiations, agreements, court documents, and strike materials. Also represented are audio tapes, video tapes, photography, and plaques.
The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region, Area A from 1956-1975. Correspondence (1957-1972) comprises the bulk of the collection. The company files (1957-1967) contain NLRB case material, minutes of negotiation meetings, contract proposals, and financial statements. The collection also includes activity reports, printed material, financial documents, and photographs.
- Labor leaders 5
- Textile industry 3
- Georgia 2
- Labor union locals 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Clothing trade 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Los Angeles (Calif.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Tennessee 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile factories 1
- Textile workers 1
- Women in the labor movement 1
- Women labor leaders 1
- Women labor union members 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- Textile Workers Union of America 4
- McGill, Eula, 1911-2003 2
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 2
- United Textile Workers of America 2
- AFL-CIO. Region 8 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America 1
- Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America. Southern Region 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Baldanzi, George 1
- Dean, Everett 1
- Dixie Manufacturing Company 1
- Farah Manufacturing Company 1
- Haberthear, Harry 1
- Halstead, Freddie Elmer 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Southeast Region 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- McKee, Don, 1916- 1
- Nance, A. Steve, 1895-1938 1
- Research Consortium for the Southwide Textile Strike of 1934 1
- Schaufenbil, Frances 1
- Stoney, George C. 1
- T.I.L. Sportsware Company (Aberdeen, Miss.) 1
- Tennessee State Industrial Union Council 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Los Angeles Joint Board 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1
- United States. National War Labor Board (1942-1945) 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Southern Region. Area A 1
- Whitmire, Roy 1 ∧ less