Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, Southeast Regional Office records, circa 1950s-1990s, contain correspondence, business contracts, negotiations, agreements, court documents, and strike materials. Also represented are audio tapes, video tapes, photography, and plaques.
The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region, Area A from 1956-1975. Correspondence (1957-1972) comprises the bulk of the collection. The company files (1957-1967) contain NLRB case material, minutes of negotiation meetings, contract proposals, and financial statements. The collection also includes activity reports, printed material, financial documents, and photographs.
- Textile industry 3
- Labor union locals 2
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile factories 1
- Textile workers 1
- Women labor union members 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- Baldanzi, George 1
- Dean, Everett 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Southeast Region 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- McGill, Eula, 1911-2003 1
- Research Consortium for the Southwide Textile Strike of 1934 1
- Schaufenbil, Frances 1
- Stoney, George C. 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Southern Region. Area A 1
- Whitmire, Roy 1 ∧ less