Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
AFL-CIO Region 5 (known as Region 6 until 1973) encompassed Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. The records consists of correspondence, newsletters, memos and reports, covering AFL-CIO's stand on political issues and candidates for office, lobbying, political campaigns, internal problems, and general business.
The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Boycotts 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile workers 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Region 5 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1