Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: The records consist of Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) of the United States from 1954-1988. The records reflect the union's relationship with the Textile Workers Union of America, (TWUA) Local 689, Local 1942 and other locals. Includes correspondence between the various local unions; minutes, records relating to arbitration and grievances; and union and company contract proposals.
Abstract: Charles "Lewis" Ross (1914-1984) worked as a textile mechanic and was very active in the organization efforts of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) at the Celanese (before 1947, the Tubize) Corporation in Rome, Georgia. The papers consist of: union constitutions (CIO, Georgia State Industrial Union Council, TWUA local 689), contracts, grievances and memoranda from TWUA Washington Representative, John W. Edelman, to all Union Members, 1948-1950; pamphlets pertaining to racial and...
Abstract: International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers, Local 191 of Rome, Georgia, originated the significant 1969 strike against GE that led to an eventual federal lawsuit. Its records, 1953-1997, include documentation covering the daily operations, communications, and organization of the union.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Northwest Georgia Joint Board of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) from 1949-1976. The records primarily document the activities of the TWUA Locals 689 and 789 located in Rome, Georgia, and include correspondence, minutes, subject files, financial records, grievances, arbitration cases, photographs, and printed materials. Officials in both locals corresponded with TWUA officers including presidents Emil Rieve and William Pollock, Political...
- Labor union locals 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 3
- Textile industry 3
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 3
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Collective bargaining -- Textile industry 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Georgia 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- case files 1
- correspondence 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 689 (Rome, Ga.) 3
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 2
- Celanese Fibers Company (Rome, Ga.) 2
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Baldanzi, George 1
- General Electric Company 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers. Local 191 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Rieve, Emil, 1892-1975 1
- Ross, Charles L. (Charles Lewis), 1914-1984 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 789 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Northwest Georgia Joint Board 1 ∧ less