Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract: Harrison "Chick" Kimball worked in a number of capacities for WSB Radio in Atlanta, mainly in country music programming. His papers consist of a news clipping, portion of a script, and photographs of Kimball by himself or with friends and associates.
Dates: circa 1942-1949
Abstract: Don Kennedy is an Atlanta-based radio and television station founder, manager, broadcaster, and actor, known for playing Officer Don on children’s television as well as creating and hosting the radio program Big Band Jump. The Don Kennedy papers, 1956-2013, contain writings, audio recordings, photographs, printed materials, and awards related to Kennedy’s television and radio broadcasting career. The bulk of the materials relate to the production of the ...
Dates: 1956 - 2013
Abstract: Don Naylor (1910-1991) was production manager of radio station WGST in Atlanta, Georgia, 1936-1950, and program director at WAGA Radio and later television in Atlanta, 1950-1959. His papers include scrapbooks he compiled about his career, and scripts for radio programs he wrote and produced. Most of the scripts were written during Naylor's years with WGST Radio; a few were written for KTAT and KFJZ in Fort Worth, Texas. Listener correspondence and background materials are filed with many of the...
Abstract The Georgia Radio Hall of Fame collection, 1944-2013, contains printed materials, newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, and audio recordings related to radio broadcasting and careers of Hall of Fame inductees throughout the state of Georgia.
Dates: 1944 - 2013
Abstract: Radio personality Ivey Peterson appeared on Atlanta's WSB Radio from 1941, serving as sometime master of ceremonies for the WSB "Barn Dance" and later appearing as one of the new cast members on "Barn Dance" when the show was revived in 1952. Peterson, who died in 1991, also co-owned a popular Atlanta country music nightspot, the Covered Wagon. His papers consist of correspondence, handbills, news clippings and songbooks (all in photocopied form), and 44 photographs of handbills and of Peterson...
Dates: circa 1935-1963
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract The Music Printed collection: Ephemera is an amalgmation of materials on a variety of topics relating to music and popular culture.
Abstract The Tim Johnson papers, 1984-1997, contain documents reflecting Johnson's marketing and promotion career in Atlanta radio (WFOX and WPCH), including memos, correspondence, reports, and publicity materials.
Scope and Contents of the Collection The Wayne W. Daniel collection contains manuscript copies of the book Pickin' on Peachtree, audio cassette recordings of oral histories, photographs, posters and event flyers, commercial and non-commercial sound recordings, as well as commercial and non-commercial video recordings. The bulk of the collection is made up of Dr. Daniel's research files that he utilized to write his numerous articles and papers on country music as well as ...
Dates: 1891 - 2007
Abstract WRAS is the Georgia State University student-run radio station airing eclectic music programing, news, sporting events, and public service announcements with emphasis on university events. Its records, 1966-2009, document the creation and operation of the station, and include general manager files, correspondence, printed materials, station produced sound recordings (interviews, promos, drops) and sound recording submissions for the Georgia Music Show.
Abstract: WSB Radio was first radio station to broadcast in the city of Atlanta, on March 15, 1922. With its many breakthrough practices, from being the first radio station to use a slogan to broadcasting a Spanish translation of "Voice of America" programs to Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis, WSB always remained cutting edge and more importantly, relevant. The records, 1920-1985, contain correspondence, memos, scrapbooks, news clippings, publicity materials, program log books, scripts, radio...
Dates: 1920-1985; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1980
- Subject: Radio broadcasting X
- Radio broadcasting 8
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Country music 4
- Radio broadcasters 4
- Popular music 3
- Radio producers and directors 3
- photographs 3
- Radio stations 2
- photocopies 2
- Big band music 1
- Bluegrass music 1
- Children's television programs 1
- College radio stations 1
- Country music -- Archival resources 1
- Georgia 1
- Gospel music 1
- Gospel music -- Archival resources 1
- Radio broadcasting -- Archival resources 1
- Radio broadcasting--Marketing 1
- Radio plays -- Archival resources 1
- Radio programs 1
- Radio programs, Musical -- Archival resources 1
- Radio scripts 1
- Radio scripts -- Archival resources 1
- Sound recording industry 1
- Television broadcasting 1
- Variety shows (Television programs) 1
- cue sheets 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1
- scrapbooks 1
- sound recordings 1
- video recordings 1 ∧ less
- WSB (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Camp, James C. (James Curran) 1
- Carmichael, James Vinson 1
- Daniel, Wayne W. 1
- Ellis, Elmo Israel 1
- Georgia Radio Hall of Fame 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Johnson, Tim (Marketing manager) 1
- Kennedy, Don, 1930- 1
- Kimball, Chick (Harrison) 1
- Mankin, Helen Douglas 1
- Mercer, Johnny, 1909-1976 1
- Naylor, Don (Donald Covey), 1910-1991 1
- Peterson, Ivey, 1910-1991 1
- Rivers, Eurith Dickinson, 1895-1967 1
- Talmadge, Eugene, 1884-1946 1
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 1
- Thompson, M. E. (Melvin Ernest), 1903-1980 1
- WFOX (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- WGST (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- WPCH (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- WRAS (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- WSB-TV (Television station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Walker, Jeff 1 ∧ less