Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 Records, 1911, 1940-1973, consist of correspondence, financial documents, minutes, legal documents, and printed material. Correspondence is with international officers of the Union, notably President Thomas Dunwoody and international representative Larry Smith. Legal records include documentation of the Local's involvement in a strike against Parks Printing Company, 1955.
Dates: 1911; 1940-1973
Abstract: The records of Atlanta Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (1954-1972), consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions and other printed materials.
Abstract The Graphic Communications International Union, Local 8-M (Atlanta, Ga.) records consist of minutes, attendence rolls, reports, bylaws, election materials, photographs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence. Local 8-M represents workers in the printing industry in Atlanta and the surrounding area.
Abstract: The records of Atlanta Graphic Communications Local Union No. 8 [bulk date 1940s-1980s] include agreements, negotiations, financial documents, contracts, training materials, and election materials. A number of predecessors of the local are represented in the records.
- Labor union locals 3
- Printing industry 3
- Printing industry -- Employees 2
- Collective bargaining 1
- Printers 1
- Printing industry -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Wildcat strikes 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Graphic Communications International Union. Local 8-M (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialities and Paper Products Union Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Amalgamated Lithographers of America. Local Union 51 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Graphic Communications International Union 1