Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America records, Southern Georgia District (Atlanta, Ga.), 1947, 1968-1978 consist of sound films and manuscripts concerning a 1947 attempt by the Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company to remove so-called professional employees from the union's bargaining unit.
Dates: 1947, 1968-1978
Abstract In 1934, Southern textile workers took the lead in a nationwide strike that saw half a million workers walk off their jobs in the largest single-industry strike in the history of the United States. This finding aid describes the digitized oral history-style interviews available in Georiga State University Library's Digital Collections.
Abstract: Mr. Thomas D. Archer joined The International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 926 in 1946 and was elected the Business Manager of the local in 1950. The Thomas D. Archer Collection includes correspondence, photographs, Archer's IUOE membership booklet (1943-1947) and a brief history of his life and achievements.
Dates: 1946, 1968, 1973
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Construction workers 1
- Construction workers -- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Race relations 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Telecommunication -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- Women textile workers 1
- Working class -- Songs and music 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- Archer, Thomas D. 1
- Communications Workers of America. Southern Georgia District 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers. Local 926 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1