Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: AFL-CIO Region 5 (known as Region 6 until 1973) encompassed Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. The records consists of correspondence, newsletters, memos and reports, covering AFL-CIO's stand on political issues and candidates for office, lobbying, political campaigns, internal problems, and general business.
Abstract: The collection consists of correspondence, office memoranda and printed material maintained by the regional director’s office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Abstract: Fred Halstead worked as an organizer for the Textile Workers Union of America throughout the South during the 1950s and 1960s, and took part in strikes in South Georgia and Alabama. Halstead's papers include Textile Workers Union of America activity reports relating his various organizing campaigns, 1959, 1961-1967. The papers include histories of strikes in South Georgia and Alabama, minutes of the Los Angeles Joint Board, correspondence and printed material.
Abstract The International Woodworkers of America, Southern Region headquarters was located in Atlanta, Georgia, until 1958, when it was relocated to Memphis, Tennessee. The collection consists of correspondence, financial and legal documents, weekly work reports, minutes, notes and proposals of contract negotiations, photographs and printed materials. There are also materials related to Local 5-51 of Louisville, Kentucky.
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Georgia 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 2
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 2
- Alabama 1
- Boycotts 1
- Florida 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Los Angeles (Calif.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Woodworking industries 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile workers 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- Woodworking industries 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Region 5 1
- AFL-CIO. Region 6 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Halstead, Freddie Elmer 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- International Woodworkers of America 1
- International Woodworkers of America. District 4 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- McGill, Eula, 1911-2003 1
- Research Consortium for the Southwide Textile Strike of 1934 1
- Singleton, Oliver W., 1908-1989 1
- Stoney, George C. 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Los Angeles Joint Board 1 ∧ less