Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract: Eight minute books, 1950-1967, recount the weekly meetings of Atlanta's Local 8 of the Bricklayers and Masons Union. Committee reports, bills paid, inter-union disputes, amendments, and resolutions are recorded as are elections and membership information. Quarterly audits, 1950-1955, constitutions, agreements, and working rules complete the records.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of District 4 (Southeast) of the International Association of Machinists (IAM), and its successor the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers from 1901-1974. The records include correspondence (1928-1974), printed material (1933-1974), grievance claims (1944-1974), legal documents (1948-1973), financial documents (1939-1940; 1951-1974), minutes (1901-1905; 1939-1966; 1973), and contract negotiations. The correspondence is mainly of...
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 1965 (Tallahassee, Fla.) of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers from 1949-1967. The records include correspondence (1953-1967) mainly with Vice-President G.X. Baxter, minutes (1953-1966), attendance ledgers (1956-1961), legal documents, financial documents (1956-1963), and minutes and attendance ledgers of the Sub-Local 624 (Tallahassee, Fla.). The records deal mainly with apprenticeship training programs, administration of journeyman...
Abstract: The guide to this collection has been created from one of the Southern Labor Archives' legacy finding aids, which has not been updated since the time of processing.
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Abstract: Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
Abstract: The records, 1901-1968, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 396, Newport News, Virginia, consist of financial ledgers and minute books. The records include those of Local 887, Hampton, and a minute book from the Peninsular District of Virginia.
- minutes (administrative records) 4
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 3
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Anniston (Ala.) 1
- Apprentices 1
- Bricklayers 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Electricians 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Hampton (Va.) 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Iron molders -- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Metal-workers -- Labor unions 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- Plasterers -- Labor unions 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Southern States 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.) 1
- Woodworkers 1
- pamphlets 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Anniston Labor Council (Anniston Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Railway Employes' Department 1
- Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Georgia State Council of Carpenters 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 4 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 1965 (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Sub-local 627 (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 324 (Anniston, Ala.) 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 414 (Anniston, Ala.) 1
- M & H Valve and Fittings Company 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Nunn, Louis M. 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 396 (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 887 (Hampton, Va.) 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union 1 ∧ less