Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract: The records consist of Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) of the United States from 1954-1988. The records reflect the union's relationship with the Textile Workers Union of America, (TWUA) Local 689, Local 1942 and other locals. Includes correspondence between the various local unions; minutes, records relating to arbitration and grievances; and union and company contract proposals.
Abstract: Charles "Lewis" Ross (1914-1984) worked as a textile mechanic and was very active in the organization efforts of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) at the Celanese (before 1947, the Tubize) Corporation in Rome, Georgia. The papers consist of: union constitutions (CIO, Georgia State Industrial Union Council, TWUA local 689), contracts, grievances and memoranda from TWUA Washington Representative, John W. Edelman, to all Union Members, 1948-1950; pamphlets pertaining to racial and...
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains nineteen contracts dated 1950-1968.
Abstract: International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers, Local 191 of Rome, Georgia, originated the significant 1969 strike against GE that led to an eventual federal lawsuit. Its records, 1953-1997, include documentation covering the daily operations, communications, and organization of the union.
Abstract: The collection consists of 175 agreements, 1939-1976, between various local unions of the Textile Workers Union of America and manufacturers.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Northwest Georgia Joint Board of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) from 1949-1976. The records primarily document the activities of the TWUA Locals 689 and 789 located in Rome, Georgia, and include correspondence, minutes, subject files, financial records, grievances, arbitration cases, photographs, and printed materials. Officials in both locals corresponded with TWUA officers including presidents Emil Rieve and William Pollock, Political...
Abstract: The United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 1977 (Rome, Georgia) collection, 1921, 1968-1969, includes correspondence, insurance documents, a member passbook, and an AFL-CIO license plate.
Dates: 1921, 1967-1968
- Labor union locals 4
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 4
- Georgia 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 3
- Textile industry 3
- contracts 2
- Alabama 1
- Anniston (Ala.) 1
- Aragon (Ga.) 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Collective bargaining -- Textile industry 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Clothing industry 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Henderson (N.C.) 1
- High Point (N.C.) 1
- Iron molders 1
- Iron molders -- Labor unions 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Labor union members 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Mobile (Ala.) 1
- North Carolina 1
- Rock Hill (S.C.) 1
- Spartanburg (S.C.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Textile workers 1
- case files 1
- correspondence 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 689 (Rome, Ga.) 3
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 2
- Celanese Fibers Company (Rome, Ga.) 2
- Textile Workers Union of America 2
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Baldanzi, George 1
- General Electric Company 1
- International Molders' and Foundry Workers' Union of North America 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers. Local 191 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Rieve, Emil, 1892-1975 1
- Ross, Charles L. (Charles Lewis), 1914-1984 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 789 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Northwest Georgia Joint Board 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1977 (Rome, Ga.) 1 ∧ less