Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
The Records, 1956-1971, of the Georgia State Council of Machinists consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material, the bulk being correspondence and minutes.
International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 89 existed in Cheyenne, Wyoming during the late 19th and into the twentieth century. The records includes minutes, financial records, correspondence, rolls and dues lists, administrative records of the Ladies Auxiliary, railroad maintenance booklets, and other general administrative records and items.
The collection consists of ledger books (including minutes, cash books, membership rolls and dues) that document the business activity of the Machinists' Local Lodge 846 for the years 1913-1956.
The Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America, District Council 38, records include minutes, financial and legal documents, and correspondence that describe internal disciplinary actions and external jurisdictional disputes.
Records concern both Savannah's AFL Council in its opposition to local organizing activity of the CIO, and the subsequent AFL-CIO Council's concern for promoting labor's goals in the city.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Labor union locals 5
- membership lists 5
- Central labor councils 4
- Labor unions -- Political activity 3
- Machinists -- Labor unions 3
- correspondence 3
- Georgia 2
- Industrial relations 2
- Labor unions 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Cheyenne (Wyo.) 1
- Florida 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Machinists 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Paperhangers 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Engraved Steel Plate Finisher's Association 1
- Florida AFL-CIO 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State Council of Machinists 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 89 (Cheyenne, Wyo.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 846 (Washington, D.C.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Trades and Labor Assembly (Savannah, Ga.) 1 ∧ less