Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract: AFL-CIO Region 5 (known as Region 6 until 1973) encompassed Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. The records consists of correspondence, newsletters, memos and reports, covering AFL-CIO's stand on political issues and candidates for office, lobbying, political campaigns, internal problems, and general business.
Abstract: The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Joint Board collection contains grievance files, arbitration files, newspaper clippings, publications, meeting minutes, training manuals, contracts, negotiations, union-management meeting transcripts, and correspondence from 1963-1993.
Abstract: The Southeast Region office of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union opened in 1937. Its records, circa 1950s-1970s, contain correspondence, collective bargaining contracts, contract and strike negotiations, agreements, National Labor Relations Board materials, and strike materials. The bulk of the material relates to a strike against Marlene Industries in Westmoreland, Tennessee.
Abstract: International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, Southeast Regional Office records, circa 1950s-1990s, contain correspondence, business contracts, negotiations, agreements, court documents, and strike materials. Also represented are audio tapes, video tapes, photography, and plaques.
Dates: circa 1950s-1990s
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Southeastern Regional Office of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union from 1945-1980. Includes administrative records (1945-1977) containing correspondence to or from Jack Handler, Regional Counsel, Directors E.T. Kehrer, Martin J. Morand and Nick Bonanno; subject files relating to farm workers, the General Electric strike (1960), organizing activities in Spartanburg, South Carolina, and; the 1960 Presidential election; financial records;...
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region, Area A from 1956-1975. Correspondence (1957-1972) comprises the bulk of the collection. The company files (1957-1967) contain NLRB case material, minutes of negotiation meetings, contract proposals, and financial statements. The collection also includes activity reports, printed material, financial documents, and photographs.
Abstract The Workers United, Southern Region Records consist of contracts, grievances, negotiation materials, correspondence, constitutions and videotapes, 1980-2013. Workers United grew out of a series of older textile workers unions including ILGWU, UNITE!, UNITE HERE, ACTWU, ACWU, and TWUA.
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 8
- Textile industry 6
- Labor unions -- Organizing 5
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 4
- Women labor union members 3
- Collective bargaining 2
- Industrial relations 2
- Labor union locals 2
- Labor unions 2
- Textile workers 2
- Alabama 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Boycotts 1
- Clothing trade 1
- Collective bargaining -- Textile industry 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Georgia 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- North Carolina 1
- Tennessee 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile factories 1
- Virginia 1
- Westmoreland (Tenn.) 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- motion pictures (visual work) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Southeast Region 3
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 3
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 2
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 2
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 2
- AFL-CIO. Region 5 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Joint Board 1
- Baldanzi, George 1
- Bonanno, Nicholas S. 1
- Brewton Fashions 1
- Dean, Everett 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Handler, Jack G. 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Kehrer, E. T. 1
- Loray Corporation 1
- Marlene Industries Corporation 1
- McGill, Eula, 1911-2003 1
- Morand, Martin J. 1
- Oneita Knitting Mills (Andrews, S.C.) 1
- Research Consortium for the Southwide Textile Strike of 1934 1
- Schaufenbil, Frances 1
- Stoney, George C. 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Southern Region. Area A 1
- Whitmire, Roy 1
- Workers United. Southern Region 1 ∧ less