Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department, Southeastern Office records, 1974-1984, consists of correspondence and printed materials pertaining to E.T. Kehrer's involvement with community action groups.
Abstract: The records, 1964-1979, of the Southern Office of the AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department consist primarily of correspondence and related reports, surveys, statements, and newspaper clippings. Much of the correspondence is between Director E.T. (Al) Kehrer and various AFL-CIO departments, notably his superiors Don Slaiman (1965-1974) and William Pollard (1974-1979). There is also substantial correspondence between Kehrer and the AFL-CIO state and city labor councils in the South; apprenticeship and...
Abstract The records of the AFL-CIO Southern Area Civil Rights Department, spanning 1962 to 1988, include correspondence, minutes, reports, writings, financial records, printed materials, clippings, membership cards, photographs, and artifacts that document the activities of the office's director, E.T. "Al" Kehrer, in facilitating the employment of minorities and women in the region.
Abstract: E.T. (Edward Thomas) "Al" Kehrer (1921-1996) was a labor union official born near Brighton, Michigan. Kehrer served as the Southeastern Regional Director of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU) (1953-1964) and Southern Director for the AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department (1965-1989). His papers, 1940-1989, include records relating to educational activities (1940-1950); professional activities files (1953-1980) containing correspondence, expense reports, and weekly calendars...
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Southeastern Regional Office of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union from 1945-1980. Includes administrative records (1945-1977) containing correspondence to or from Jack Handler, Regional Counsel, Directors E.T. Kehrer, Martin J. Morand and Nick Bonanno; subject files relating to farm workers, the General Electric strike (1960), organizing activities in Spartanburg, South Carolina, and; the 1960 Presidential election; financial records;...
- Civil rights movements 3
- Labor leaders 3
- Labor unions -- Political activity 3
- Civil rights 2
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 2
- Affirmative action programs 1
- African American labor union members 1
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Clothing trade 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Racial discrimination 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Women labor union members 1
- correspondence 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- motion pictures (visual work) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Civil Rights Department 4
- A. Philip Randolph Institute 1
- Bonanno, Nicholas S. 1
- Brewton Fashions 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Handler, Jack G. 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Southeast Region 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Loray Corporation 1
- Morand, Martin J. 1
- Oneita Knitting Mills (Andrews, S.C.) 1
- Pollard, William Edward, 1915- 1
- Slaiman, Donald, 1919-2000 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1 ∧ less