Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract: Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 Records, 1911, 1940-1973, consist of correspondence, financial documents, minutes, legal documents, and printed material. Correspondence is with international officers of the Union, notably President Thomas Dunwoody and international representative Larry Smith. Legal records include documentation of the Local's involvement in a strike against Parks Printing Company, 1955.
Dates: 1911; 1940-1973
Abstract: Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) was chartered in 1946. Its records, 1960s-1970s, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions, and other printed items. Ralph Meers, longtime president of the local, created some of the files.
Abstract: The records of Atlanta Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (1954-1972), consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions and other printed materials.
Abstract: The Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48 was a branch of the International Typographical Union that represented printers and typographers throughout the Atlanta area. The Atlanta Typographical Union records (circa 1920s-2000s) consists of contracts, bylaws, correspondence, membership data, union organization forms, news clippings, strike organization, negotiations, and arbitration and grievance files.
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract The Graphic Communications International Union, Local 8-M (Atlanta, Ga.) records consist of minutes, attendence rolls, reports, bylaws, election materials, photographs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence. Local 8-M represents workers in the printing industry in Atlanta and the surrounding area.
Abstract: The records of Atlanta Graphic Communications Local Union No. 8 [bulk date 1940s-1980s] include agreements, negotiations, financial documents, contracts, training materials, and election materials. A number of predecessors of the local are represented in the records.
Abstract: Graphic Communications International Union, Local 96B (Atlanta, Ga.) records contains contracts, negotiations, agreements, proposals, settlements, apprenticeship material, correspondence, grievances, arbitration, court records, photographs, and audiovisual items, circa 1960s-1990s.
Dates: circa 1960s-1990s
Abstract The records of Graphic Communications International Union, Local 527-S (Atlanta, Georgia) document negotiations, contracts and agreements, proposals, settlements, grievances, and arbitrations, 1970s-2000s. The records represent activities throughout the southeast and relations with assorted businesses and government organizations.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains seventy-three contracts dated 1898-1987.
Abstract: The collection consists of papers collected by Joseph Nelson from 1970-1974 documenting a wildcat strike in 1972 against the Mead Corporation in Atlanta, Georgia by the "Mead Caucus of Rank and File Workers" as well as similar unsuccessful efforts by Atlanta, Georgia workers at Nabisco, Inc. and the Regency Hyatt House Hotel. Also contained in the collection are materials pertaining to the Printing Specialists and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.), the official representatives for...
- Printers -- Labor unions 10
- Labor union locals 7
- Printers 6
- Paper industry workers -- Labor unions 3
- Printing industry 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Printers 3
- Industrial relations 2
- Paper industry workers 2
- Printing industry -- Employees 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Wildcat strikes 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Collective bargaining 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor unions and communism 1
- Newspaper employees 1
- Newspaper employees -- Labor unions 1
- Printing industry -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Paper industry 1
- Tampa (Fla.) 1
- Typographers 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- contracts 1
- correspondence 1
- financial records 1 ∧ less
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Graphic Communications International Union 3
- International Typographical Union 3
- Meers, Ralph 3
- Graphic Communications International Union. Local 8-M (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialities and Paper Products Union Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Amalgamated Lithographers of America. Local Union 51 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Graphic Communications International Union. Local 527-S (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Graphic Communications International Union. Local 96B (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Graphic Communications Conference 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America 1
- Mead Corporation 1
- Mead Paper Company 1
- Moss, Charlie 1
- Nabisco, Inc. 1
- Nelson, Joseph 1
- October League (M-L) 1
- Parks Printing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Regency Hyatt House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Southeastern Printing Specialties and Paper Products District Council 1 ∧ less