Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 Records, 1911, 1940-1973, consist of correspondence, financial documents, minutes, legal documents, and printed material. Correspondence is with international officers of the Union, notably President Thomas Dunwoody and international representative Larry Smith. Legal records include documentation of the Local's involvement in a strike against Parks Printing Company, 1955.
Dates: 1911; 1940-1973
Abstract: Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) was chartered in 1946. Its records, 1960s-1970s, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions, and other printed items. Ralph Meers, longtime president of the local, created some of the files.
Abstract: The Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48 was a branch of the International Typographical Union that represented printers and typographers throughout the Atlanta area. The Atlanta Typographical Union records (circa 1920s-2000s) consists of contracts, bylaws, correspondence, membership data, union organization forms, news clippings, strike organization, negotiations, and arbitration and grievance files.
Abstract The records of Graphic Communications International Union, Local 527-S (Atlanta, Georgia) document negotiations, contracts and agreements, proposals, settlements, grievances, and arbitrations, 1970s-2000s. The records represent activities throughout the southeast and relations with assorted businesses and government organizations.
Abstract: The collection consists of papers collected by Joseph Nelson from 1970-1974 documenting a wildcat strike in 1972 against the Mead Corporation in Atlanta, Georgia by the "Mead Caucus of Rank and File Workers" as well as similar unsuccessful efforts by Atlanta, Georgia workers at Nabisco, Inc. and the Regency Hyatt House Hotel. Also contained in the collection are materials pertaining to the Printing Specialists and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.), the official representatives for...
- Paper industry workers -- Labor unions 3
- Printers 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Printers 3
- Labor union locals 2
- Paper industry workers 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Collective bargaining 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor unions and communism 1
- Printing industry 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Paper industry 1
- Typographers 1
- Wildcat strikes 1 ∧ less
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Meers, Ralph 2
- Graphic Communications International Union 1
- Graphic Communications International Union. Local 527-S (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Graphic Communications Conference 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialities and Paper Products Union Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Mead Corporation 1
- Nabisco, Inc. 1
- Nelson, Joseph 1
- October League (M-L) 1
- Parks Printing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Regency Hyatt House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less