Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: The collection consists of the papers of Charles Mathias from 1951-1973, including correspondence, legal documents, and printed materials pertaining to attempts by United Steel Workers of America (Atlanta, Georgia) Field Representatives Mathias and W.R. Thrasher to sign collective bargaining agreements with Scripto and Keller Industries.
Abstract: The guide to this collection has been created from one of the Southern Labor Archives' legacy finding aids, which has not been updated since the time of processing.
Abstract The collection consists of notes, oral history transcripts, correspondence, photocopied manuscript materials, and book proofs acquired and created by Cliff Kuhn and Les Hough while writing their history of the Sheet Metal Workers, Generations of Sheet Metal Craftmanship: A History of the Unionized Industry in Georgia. Georgia State University historians, Kuhn and Hough worked in association with Sheet Metal Workers' International Association Local 85 and the...
Abstract: The records of the Sheet Metal Workers International Association, Local 399, 1941-1975, consist of membership applications, dues receipts and expenses and minutes of the organization.
- Labor union locals 2
- Anniston (Ala.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Iron and steel workers -- Labor unions 1
- Iron molders -- Labor unions 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- motion pictures (visual work) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Anniston Labor Council (Anniston Ala.) 1
- Hough, Leslie S. 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 324 (Anniston, Ala.) 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 414 (Anniston, Ala.) 1
- Keller Industries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kuhn, Cliff 1
- M & H Valve and Fittings Company 1
- Mathias, Charles, 1913- 1
- Scripto (Firm : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Sheet Metal Workers' International Association. Local 399 (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Sheet Metal Workers' International Association. Local 85 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Steelworkers of America 1 ∧ less