Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: International Woodworkers of America, Southern States Region, served as an administrative hub for all the Woodworkers locals throughout the Southeastern United States. The collection consists of correspondence, financial and legal documents, weekly work reports, minutes, notes and proposals of contract negotiations, correspondence, and administration files representing numerous IWA branches and locals.
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Abstract: Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
Abstract: The records, 1901-1968, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 396, Newport News, Virginia, consist of financial ledgers and minute books. The records include those of Local 887, Hampton, and a minute book from the Peninsular District of Virginia.
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 3
- Labor union locals 3
- Woodworkers 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Hampton (Va.) 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Loggers 1
- Loggers -- Labor unions 1
- Logging 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Southern States 1
- pamphlets 1 ∧ less
- Georgia State Council of Carpenters 1
- International Woodworkers of America 1
- International Woodworkers of America. Southern States Region 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Nunn, Louis M. 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 396 (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 887 (Hampton, Va.) 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union 1 ∧ less