Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract: The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) was organized and chartered by the AFL in 1932. A schism developed in the AFGE and some members and officers of Local 136 (Knoxville, Tenn.) formed Local 24 (Knoxville, Tenn.) of the United Federal Workers of America (UFWA) and affiliated with the CIO. The collection consists of records of Local 136 (Knoxville, Tenn.) of the American Federation of Government Employees from 1934-1938 and records of Local 24 (Knoxville, Tenn.) of the United...
American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) records
Abstract: The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) represented the interests of the employees of the city of Atlanta until the local was absorbed by the conglomerated Local 1644.
Abstract: Joseph D. Gleason (1929-1982), began working with the labor movement in 1948, first with the Government and Civic Employees, CIO, then the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), AFL-CIO. The collection consists of materials from Gleason's participation in organized labor from the early 1950s to his death in 1982. Most materials relate to his career in the American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO, but there are also some materials from the American...
Abstract: In 1917, the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) was established at a convention in Washington, DC. Florence Ethridge presented the resolution to form NFFE as an affiliate of the American Federation of Labor (AFL). A week later AFL issued NFFE's charter. Józef J. Drozdowski has served has NFFE National Vice President and has been involved in the organization for over twenty years. The Józef J. Drozdowski collection (1990s; 2000s) includes sixteen National Federation of Federal...
Dates: circa 1990s-2000s
Abstract: Marc R. Levinson was a journalist and news editor of Creative Loafing, an Atlanta weekly. His papers, 1975-1979, contain three series. The AFSCME Local 1644/City of Atlanta series includes correspondence, news clippings, news releases, and printed materials relating to a strike by Local 1644 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) against the City of Atlanta in 1977. The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile...
Abstract: Mark A. Show collection, 2008-2011, contains material from the 51st and 54th North Carolina State AFL-CIO Annual conference, the 81st The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) District 7 annual conference, and Hear Our Public Employees (H.O.P.E.) 2010 collective bargaining lobby day.
Abstract: Mary Lynn Walker, a Georgia native, became very active in the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) in the late 1960s and rose to executive positons never before held by a female. The Mary Lynn Walker collection contains documents and newspaper articles chronicling labor employment issues such as unfair labor practices, age discrimination, and improper loans of government employment.
Dates: 1974-1975, 1979
Abstract: In 1917, the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) was established at a convention in Washington, DC. In 1999, NFFE affiliated with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. The collections consists of the official records of the National Federation of Federal Employees. Included in these records are: convention proceedings, constitutions, bylaws, agreements, reports, charters, research materials, artifacts, photographs, audiovisual materials and files from...
Abstract: The National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU) is an independent labor union representing approximately 150,000 employees of 30 agencies of the United States government. The National Treasury Employees Union collection includes agreements (1980s-2000s) between the NTEU and and various departments of the United States Health and Human Services.
- Labor union locals 5
- Municipal officials and employees -- Labor unions 5
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Labor unions 3
- Municipal officials and employees 3
- Collective bargaining -- Government employees 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Camilla (Ga.) 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Government employees 1
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Journalists 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Labor leaders 1
- New Jersey 1
- New York (State) 1
- North Carolina 1
- Poultry industry 1
- Poultry industry -- Employees 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- T-shirts 1
- Textile workers 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- Theaters -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Women labor leaders 1
- agreements 1
- charters 1
- correspondence 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photographs 1
- proceedings 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Government Employees 2
- National Federation of Federal Employees 2
- AFSCME 1
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- AFSCME. Local 1644 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- AFSCME. Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- American Federation of Government Employees. Local 136 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cagle (Firm : Camilla, Ga.) 1
- Drozdowski, Jozef J. 1
- Gleason, Joseph D., 1929-1982 1
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Picture Machine Operators of the United States and Canada 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Levinson, Marc R. 1
- National Treasury Employees Union 1
- North Carolina State AFL-CIO 1
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union 1
- Shanker, Albert 1
- Show, Mark A. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- United Federal Workers of America. Local 24 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Walker, Mary Lynn, 1937- 1
- Wurf, Jerry, 1919-1981 1 ∧ less