Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Abstract: The Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America, Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.) Records, 1957-1975, consist of correspondence, financial reports, minutes, newspaper clippings, National Labor Relations Board case material, and contracts illuminating the activities of Local 525 in its dealings with numerous companies, primarily in North Carolina.
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: The Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, Simpson Division 210, located in Macon, Georgia, received its charter in 1883. The local's records, 1884-1918, 1949, consist primarily of correspondence, financial documents, minutes and committee reports.
Dates: 1884-1918, 1949
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 480 (Oak Ridge, Tenn.) records
Abstract: The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 480 of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, also known as the Atomic Local 480, was chartered in 1946. The community of Oak Ridge was developed in 1942 and managed by the Army of the United States to facilitate production of the Atomic bomb for the Manhattan Project during World War II. The Oak Ridge community was kept secret until WWII was over; the union was then formed under the AFL-CIO. The Atomic Local 480 dealt with issues...
Dates: 1938-2010; Majority of material found within 1952 - 1987
Abstract: The collection consists of records of District 4 (Southeast) of the International Association of Machinists (IAM), and its successor the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers from 1901-1974. The records include correspondence (1928-1974), printed material (1933-1974), grievance claims (1944-1974), legal documents (1948-1973), financial documents (1939-1940; 1951-1974), minutes (1901-1905; 1939-1966; 1973), and contract negotiations. The correspondence is mainly of...
Abstract: Correspondence, legal documents, membership applications, injury reports, list of retired members, and other items. Includes material relating to legal proceedings against Georgia Power Company (1945-1975) and Southwire Company, Carrollton, Ga. (1957-1970); Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; and minutes of North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council. Correspondents include Harry Bexley, business manager, Local 613.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the Southeastern Region of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (formed 1954) and its predecessor, the United Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Employees of America, from 1940-1968. Contains primarily company files which include cases brought before the National Labor Relations Board dealing mainly with elections and unfair labor practice charges. Also includes correspondence (1940-1967), minutes (1959-1961), financial documents...
Dates: 1940-1968; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1964
Abstract: The collection contains newspaper clippings and one photograph.
Abstract The records, 1950-1972, of the South Carolina Labor Council, AFL-CIO, consist mainly of correspondence.
Abstract: United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 144 (Macon, GA) Records, 1887-1970, consist of minutes, correspondence, financial documents and printed material. The collection, which includes the original minutes of the founding of the local in 1887, bulks in the 1940s and 1950s.
Abstract: The Records, 1934-1959, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) concern the meetings, elections, salary increase requests, and violation charges against members, as well as the proposed affiliation of Local 384 with the North Carolina State AFL-CIO.
Scope and Content of the Records The records of the United Paperworkers International Union (UPIU) Local 446 consist of materials that reflect the establishment and day-to-day running of the union (administrative and financial records), as well as illustrating its relationships with the Gilman Paper Company and with other unions (administrative, personnel and company relations records). Some of the records also represent a time, after the enactment in 1964 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, when desegregation was an...
Abstract: United Textile Workers of America, Local 257 represented textile workers at various Erwin Cotton Mills plants in North Carolina and Mississippi. The local's records, 1900-1986 (bulk 1940-1960), consist primarily of grievances and arbitration cases. Other records include constitutions and bylaws, correspondence, union membership rosters, office files, photographic materials, financial ledgers, printed materials, and artifacts.
Dates: 1900-1986; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1960
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
- minutes (administrative records) 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Labor disputes 3
- Labor unions -- Organizing 3
- Southern States 3
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 2
- Grievance arbitration 2
- Machinists -- Labor unions 2
- Macon (Ga.) 2
- Printers -- Labor unions 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Textile industry 2
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 2
- Asheville (N.C.) 1
- Building trades 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Carrollton (Ga.) 1
- Clerks (Retail trade) -- Labor unions 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Paper industry 1
- Construction workers 1
- Eight-hour movement 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Electric utilities 1
- Electricians -- Labor unions 1
- Erwin (N.C.) 1
- Industrial safety 1
- Kraft paper industry 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Mergers 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Locomotive engineers -- Labor unions 1
- Machinists 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- North Carolina 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Paper industry workers 1
- Paper industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Poultry industry 1
- Racial discrimination 1
- Railroads -- Employees 1
- Retail trade -- Employees 1
- Saint Marys (Ga.) 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- South Carolina 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Tennessee 1
- Typographers 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- artifacts (object genre) 1
- black-and-white photographs 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1
- financial records 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO 2
- North Carolina State AFL-CIO 2
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 2
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Railway Employes' Department 1
- AFL-CIO. South Carolina Labor Council 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company 1
- Atomic Trades and Labor Council 1
- Bexley, Harry 1
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers (U.S.). Simpson Division 210 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Colonial Stores Incorporated 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Gilman Paper Company 1
- Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Hutcheson, Maurice A. 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 4 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 480 (Oak Ridge, Tenn.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Women's Auxilliary 404 Atomettes (Oak Ridge, Tenn.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 613 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 183 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Order of Railroad Telegraphers (U.S.) 1
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Southeastern Region 1
- Southern States Apprenticeship Conference 1
- Southwire Company 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 144 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Paperworkers International Union. Local 446 (St. Marys, Ga.) 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 257 (Erwin, N.C.) 1 ∧ less