Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
AFL-CIO Region 8 records, 1930-1974, include correspondence, minutes, reports, legal papers, conference materials, membership cards, and printed materials. The collection pertains to the career of long time labor organizer and Region 8 Director, Paul R. Christopher (1910-1974).
D. Bruce Shine workded as an attorney in Kingsport, Tennessee. He specialized in labor law and served as the General Council for the United Textile Workers of America. The D. Bruce Shine collection, 1928-1982, consists of legal case files and personal files.
The collection contains materials related to attorney and union organizer Joseph Jacobs's work in the labor and civic community. Specifically, the papers cover his activities in the fields of labor, the Workmen's Circle (Arbeiter Ring), the Georgia Humanities Council and the Georgia Democratic Party.
Roy Groenert, former president of United Textile Workers Local 2563, was Director of Organization for the UTWA. Groenert's papers illuminate his interests in local union affairs, in organizing, and in the UTWA's suit which brought enforcement of the no-raid pacts signed after the merger of the AFL-CIO.
In 1934, Southern textile workers took the lead in a nationwide strike that saw half a million workers walk off their jobs in the largest single-industry strike in the history of the United States. This finding aid describes the digitized oral history-style interviews available in Georiga State University Library's Digital Collections.
The United Food and Commercial Workers Local 815T represented textile workers employed by the America Enka Company in Morristown, Tennessee. The records include meeting minutes, strike and protest organization materials, union membership and leadership rosters, member resignation records, union election records, business contracts, grievances, arbitration, and negotiations, benefits information, trial records, and records of the union local’s history with both the UFCW and the UTWA.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
The Records, 1972-1973, of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region Area B, consist of correspondence and various printed material created by Roy Whitmire as regional codirector. Correspondents include Everrett (also Southern Codirector) and the International officers and representatives of the TWUA. Topics discussed include NLRB elections, UTWA and TWUA organizing efforts, labor education.
The Records, 1945-1975, of United Textile Workers Union, Southern Region, Area B, consist of correspondence, minutes, legal and financial documents, and printed materials.
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 9
- Labor unions -- Organizing 5
- Industrial relations 4
- Textile industry 4
- Labor leaders 3
- Labor union locals 3
- North Carolina 3
- Southern States 3
- Grievance arbitration 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Lawyers 2
- South Carolina 2
- Textile workers 2
- West Virginia 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Asheville (N.C.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Bluefield (W. Va.) 1
- Central labor councils 1
- Kingsport (Tenn.) 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Law and legislation 1
- Labor unions -- Recognition 1
- Morristown (Tenn.) 1
- Newberry (S.C.) 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Prairie du Chien (Wis.) 1
- Race relations 1
- Spartanburg (S.C.) 1
- Spruce Pine (N.C.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Tennessee 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Women textile workers 1
- Working class -- Songs and music 1 ∧ less
- Whitmire, Roy 3
- AFL-CIO. Region 8 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 2
- American Enka Company 2
- Textile Workers Union of America 2
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union 2
- United Textile Workers of America. Southern Region. Area B 2
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- Baldanzi, George 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Georgia Humanities Council 1
- Groenert, Roy 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- Lawson United Feldspar and Mineral Company (Spruce Pine, N.C.) 1
- Newberry Mills (Newberry, S.C.) 1
- P. Garvin (Firm : Spartanburg, S.C.) 1
- Shine, D. Bruce 1
- Stoney, George C. 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 2598T (Enka, N.C.) 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 815T (Morristown, Tenn.) 1
- United Piece Dye Works (Bluefield, W.Va.) 1
- United States. National Recovery Administration 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 2598 (Enka, N.C.) 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 815 (Morristown, Tenn.) 1
- Workmen's Circle (U.S.) 1 ∧ less