Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The David Williams collection contains correspondence and minutes between the Georgia Railway and Power Company and a committee representing the company's employees as well as agreements between the company and the Amalgamated Association of Street and Electric Railway Employees of America, Local 732 and other documents including newspaper clippings, memoranda, bulletins and President Wilson's proclamation creating the National War Labor Board.
Abstract: The collection consists of papers of Henry W. Chandler, secretary, Georgia Federation of Labor and president, Atlanta Federation of Trades, from 1918-1973. Includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed materials relating to Chandler's work for those and other organizations.
Abstract: The collection of Jesse Walton, 1949-1950, consists of clippings and correspondence describing the railway workers strikes, 1949-1950 and Walton's political contest against Hoke Smith in 1950.
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Railroads -- Employees 1
- Amalgamated Association of Street and Electric Railway Employees of America. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America. Division 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Amalgamated Transit Union. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Arkwright, Preston S. (Preston Stanley) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1