Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: In 1955 when the American Federation of Labor (AFL) and the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) merged, it created AFL-CIO Region 8 encompassing Tennessee and Kentucky with Paul Christopher as Director. North and South Carolina became part of Region 5 directed by Carey Haigler. The 1964 reorganization of the AFL-CIO placed Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina in Region 8 with Christopher as Director and Haigler as Assistant Director. After Christopher's death in 1974, Region 8...
Dates: 1940-1974; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1974
Abstract: Harry Moore was an organizer and the Director of Legislation for the Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. His papers contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, circulars, flyers, leaflets, contracts, pamphlets, and company advertisements, 1962-1970.
Abstract: James Festus Barrett (1882-1959) was a union activist for the American Federation of Labor. His papers, 1920, 1937-1959, consist of files related to AFL national officers, state federations, activity reports, organizing campaigns, and subject and name files.
Dates: 1920, 1937-1959
- South Carolina 2
- Anderson (S.C.) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) 1
- Glassworkers -- Labor unions 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 2
- AFL-CIO. Region 8 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Barrett, James F. 1
- Christopher, Paul R. 1
- Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. Local 15 (Anderson S.C.) 1
- Haigler, Carey 1
- Kirkland, Lane 1
- Moore, Harry L., 1926- 1
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation 1
- Playthings, Jewelry, and Novelty Workers' Union. Local 32 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1 ∧ less