Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) was chartered in 1946. Its records, 1960s-1970s, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions, and other printed items. Ralph Meers, longtime president of the local, created some of the files.
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: The Richmond Typographical Union Local 90 was chartered in 1866 by the National Typographical Union and in 1872 by the International Typographical Union. The local was affiliated with the AFL until 1937 and then re-affiliated in 1943, and also with the Virginia-Carolinas Typographical Conference, the Virginia Allied Printing Trades Council and the Central Trades and Labor Council. In 1971, the union broke up. The Records, 1886-1974, of the Richmond Typographical Union Local 90 consist of...
Abstract: The records, 1897-1972, of the International Typographical Union, Local 104 (Birmingham, Ala.), comprise correspondence, grievances, minutes, financial documents, membership data, testimony, and printed materials such as newspaper clippings, handbills, newsletters, constitutions, contracts, pamphlets, and proceedings. Most of the correspondence is between Local 104 and the International Typographical Union on such topics as union administration, union standards on wages and working conditions,...
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Labor union locals 2
- Printing industry -- Employees -- Labor unions 2
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Paper industry workers 1
- Paper industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Printers 1
- Printing industry 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Paper industry 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Printers 1
- Typographers 1
- Virginia 1
- correspondence 1
- financial records 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- International Typographical Union 2
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 104 (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 183 (Savannah, Ga.) 1