Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: Originally organized as the Jacksonville (Florida) Central Labor Council, the Council changed its name to the AFL-CIO Council of Jacksonville around 1970. The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO Council of Jacksonville and its predecessor, the Jacksonville Central Labor Council, from 1956-1973, and includes correspondence, financial documents, minutes of the Jacksonville Central Labor Union and Council of Leadership for Community Advancement, general office files, and printed...
Abstract: Chattanooga Area Labor Council Records includes correspondence, minutes, financial documents, legal papers, and printed materials, relating to the council, the merger of Chattanooga Industrial Union Council into it, politics, union elections, abolition of the poll tax, desegregation of public schools, Taft-Hartley Act, Tennessee laws concerning open and closed shops, Chattanooga Voters' Union, revision of the Tennessee State Constitution, and political education. Correspondents include Ross...
Dates: 1925-1972; Majority of material found within 1941 - 1972
Abstract: The Records, 1937-1979, of the Tennessee State Labor Council consist of correspondence, literature on pending state legislation affecting labor,
state of the stateaddresses of the Tennessee governors, and legislative bulletins and newsletters.
- Labor laws and legislation 2
- Tennessee 2
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Florida 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFL-CIO Council of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Chattanooga Area Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Tennessee State Labor Council 1
- Chattanooga Industrial Union Council 1
- Chattanooga Voters' Union 1
- Googe, George Logan 1
- Jacksonville Central Labor Union (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Kefauver, Estes 1
- McKellar, Kenneth Douglas, 1869-1957 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Smith, Stanton E. (Stanton Everett), 1905- 1
- United States. Labor Management Relations Act, 1947 1 ∧ less