Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract: The Records, 1917-1921, 1948-1975 of the Asheville North Carolina Central Labor Union bulk in the late 1950's- early 1970's. The material dated 1917-1921 consists of photocopies of a small amount of correspondence and printed material. The records include correspondence, financial documents and incomplete minutes. The bulk of the collection consists of form letters, circulars, and printed material illustrating the role of the Central Labor Union as a clearing house of AFL-CIO information for...
Dates: 1917-1921, 1948-1975
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Augusta Federation of Trade (AFT) from 1958-1974 and its predecessor, the Augusta Central Labor Union (ACLU), from 1943-1957. Includes minutes of the ACLU (1943-1957) outlining concerns of the organization, efforts to protect a local labor newspaper from advertising encroachment, and support for the Augusta bus drivers strike (1953-1955). Also contains minutes of the AFT (1965-1969), correspondence (1965-1974), financial documents (1963-1974), and...
Abstract: In 1958, the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council merged to form the AFL-CIO, Birmingham (Alabama) Labor Council. Records, 1954-1965, include minutes of the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council, 1955-1958, and of the Birmingham Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 1964-1965, and correspondence, financial documents, printed material, and photographs.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO, Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) from 1953-1983. The records are comprised mainly of minutes (1957-1983) documenting the Council's activities, correspondence (1970-1971), and printed materials.
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract: The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
Dates: 1956, 1963-1984
- Labor unions 3
- Georgia 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Asheville (N.C.) 1
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Bus drivers 1
- Decatur (Ala.) 1
- Labor unions and mass media 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Virginia 1
- financial records 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Augusta Federation of Trades. (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Birmingham Labor Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Augusta Central Labor Union (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Birmingham Federation of Labor (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Birmingham Industrial Union Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 1 ∧ less