Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: The records of the Retail Clerks International Association, Local 1063, 1947-1974, 1978, consist of a ledger of membership dues, a cash book of receipts and expenses, a book of minutes, testimony presented in an arbitration proceeding pertaining to a grievance against the Kroger Company and printed materials and photographs.
Dates: 1947-1974, 1985, undated
Abstract: Chartered on September 1, 1944 as a local of the Food, Tobacco, Agricultural and Allied Workers Union of America, its affiliation changed in 1954 when it became Local 15-A of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. The collection, 1945-1973, consists of financial documents, general correspondence, and files describing relations with eleven companies in the Charleston, S.C. area, chiefly the American Tobacco Company.
Abstract: The records of The Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, Local 315 contain letters, agreements, printed material, lists and notes describing the Union's work with nine Atlanta companies during the years 1947-1969.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the Southeastern Region of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (formed 1954) and its predecessor, the United Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Employees of America, from 1940-1968. Contains primarily company files which include cases brought before the National Labor Relations Board dealing mainly with elections and unfair labor practice charges. Also includes correspondence (1940-1967), minutes (1959-1961), financial documents...
Dates: 1940-1968; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1964
Abstract: The collection consists primarily of artifacts and non-printed materials, collected through Jenkins' association with the UFCW (United Food and Commercial Workers) and the RCIA (Retail Clerks International Association) Local 1063. The bulk of these artifacts are plaques presented to Jenkins in recognition of his continual achievements in his field. Other artifacts include memorabilia from conventions, including convention brochures, as well as photographs.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Labor union locals 4
- College Park (Ga.) 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Boycotts 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Department stores -- Employees 1
- Grievance procedures 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Retail trade -- Employees 1
- Southern States 1
- arbitration 1
- artifacts (object genre) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 2
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (College Park, Ga.) 2
- American Tobacco Company 1
- Borden Company 1
- Colgate-Palmolive Company 1
- Georgia State Food and Beverage Trade Council 1
- Jenkins, William N., 1923-2002 1
- Kroger Company 1
- Lerner Shops 1
- Marrud of Georgia 1
- Organized Labor and Workmen's Circle 1
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Local 15-A (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Local 315 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Southeastern Region 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 1063 (College Park, Ga.) 1 ∧ less