Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract The Columbus, Georgia, Labor Temple sereved as the headquarters for organized labor in Columbus Georgia during the 20th century. The Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) records consist of membership lists, correspondence, photographs, minutes, awards, agreements, apprenticeship materials, financial records, bylaws, real estate records, and jurisdictional decisions.
Abstract: Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract: Records concern both Savannah's AFL Council in its opposition to local organizing activity of the CIO, and the subsequent AFL-CIO Council's concern for promoting labor's goals in the city.
- minutes (administrative records) 4
- Labor unions 3
- Labor leaders 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- membership lists 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Columbus (Ga.) 1
- Florida 1
- Georgia 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Office buildings -- Economic aspects 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.) 1
- correspondence 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) 1
- Florida AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Trades and Labor Assembly (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1723 (Columbus, Ga.) 1 ∧ less