Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: The Benjamin Franklin Haley collection, 1964-1967, contains weekly reports of Haley's work as an organizer of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Southern States Organizing Office. These reports describe metropolitan Atlanta's construction activity in terms of union employment and growth.
Abstract: The Florida State Council of Carpenters was established in 1926. Its records, 1952-1978, include material relating to organizing efforts at thirty-five companies located throughout Florida (1960-1973); contract negotiation files (1958-1974); correspondence (1952-1974); records relating to apprentice training (1963-1978); financial records (1956-1974); files of state organizer, Warren P. Connary (1957-1974); and minutes (1952-1974). The records especially highlight the activities of three...
Abstract: The James A. Parker papers, 1948, 1975 contain a news clipping regarding the dedication of a union hall in Hampton, SC, named for Mr. Parker and the 1948 year book of the South Carolina Federation of Labor as well as a copy of the membership application to Local 1992.
Dates: 1948, 1975
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Abstract: United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 531 was chartered in 1900, the first trade union organized in the city of St. Petersburg, Florida. Its records, 1900-1977, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 531 (St. Petersburg, Florida), comprise mostly minutes and financial documents.
- Labor union locals 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Apprentices 1
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Carpenters 1
- Central labor councils 1
- Decatur (Ga.) 1
- Florida 1
- Hampton (S.C.) 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Lawrenceville (Ga.) 1
- Miami (Fla.) 1
- Orlando (Fla.) 1
- Roswell (Ga.) 1
- Saint Petersburg (Fla.) 1
- Southern States 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.) 1
- pamphlets 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 2
- Georgia State Council of Carpenters 1
- Haley, Benjamin Franklin 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Parker, James A. (labor leader) 1
- South Carolina Building and Construction Trades Association 1
- South Carolina State Federation of Labor 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Florida State Council 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 531 (Saint Petersburg, Fla.) 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union 1 ∧ less