Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: Herman Adkins (1918-1999) was an organizer and regional director in Tennessee and Georgia for United Mine Workers of America District 50, the UMWA's "national department" for industrial workers. Adkins was a board member during the period when District 50 was an independent unit within the UMWA (1961-1968). When District 50 became a separate entity, International Union of District 50, Allied and Technical Workers of America and Canada, Adkins continued to serve as its Atlanta regional...
The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council records consist of correspondence, legal files, financial records, contractor files, and minutes. Most of the materials date from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council (NGBCTC) represents the legal interests of building and trades unions throughout North Georgia, as well as promoting the livelihood of local building trades and settling jurisdictional disputes between unions. These records (circa 1950s-2000s) consist of periodicals, political materials, correspondence, collective bargaining materials, contracts, minutes, charity and event organization materials, directories, project materials,...
- Building trades 2
- Building trades -- Employees -- Labor unions 2
- Central labor councils 2
- Iron and steel workers -- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Macon (Ga.) 1
- Miners -- Labor unions 1
- Tennessee 1
- agreements 1
- bylaws (administrative records) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- periodicals 1
- photographs 1
- reports 1 ∧ less
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- Adkins, Herman B. 1
- International Union of District 50, Allied and Technical Workers of the United States and Canada 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1