Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract: A. Steve Nance was a key figure in Southern labor history during the 1930s. He was President of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, and worked with the Textile Workers Organizing Committee in Georgia, as well as throughout the South. Nance also worked with the fledgling alternative state labor federation in Georgia during 1937. The A. Steve Nance papers contain correspondence, speech transcripts, Georgia Federation of Labor memos, NLRB mediation files for two Atlanta hat manufacturers, and...
Dates: 1930-1956; Majority of material found within 1930 - 1938
Abstract: The Atlanta Federation of Trades (AFT) was organized in 1891 and was comprised of representatives of the various local craft organizations in the Atlanta area. Its records, 1900-1937, include correspondence of AFT officers, minutes of the AFT's Labor Day Committee, membership information, and resolutions.
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The collection consists of papers of Henry W. Chandler, secretary, Georgia Federation of Labor and president, Atlanta Federation of Trades, from 1918-1973. Includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed materials relating to Chandler's work for those and other organizations.
Abstract: The James O. Moore Papers, 1965-1972, consist primarily of printed material produced by the various civic and political boards, commissions and committees on which Moore served as president of the Georgia State AFL-CIO. Government structure, Atlanta-Fulton County consolidation, and apprenticeship programs are the principal subjects.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Labor leaders 4
- Central labor councils 3
- Labor unions 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Georgia 1
- Guilds 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Mergers 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Southern States 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- financial records 1
- membership lists 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America. Division 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Building Trades Council 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Chandler, Henry W. 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 193 (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Moore, James O., 1905-1972 1
- Nance, A. Steve, 1895-1938 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Southeastern Building and Construction Trades Council 1 ∧ less