Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract: The Alfred G. Kuettner Collection consists principally of the records, 1907-1916, of the Steam and Operating Engineers' Union Local 329, of Atlanta, Georgia. Kuettner was Secretary of Local 329, circa 1910-1915. The collection includes printed letters, minutes, and other documents, 1910-1916, from the International Steam and Operating Engineers Union; form letters of the American Federation of Labor and the Georgia Federation of Labor, 1911-1916, and a few leaves of Kuettner's personal papers,...
Abstract: Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Local 1836 (Charleston, S. C.) records, 1968-1976, consist of correspondence, minutes, reports and financial files.
Abstract: Charles "Lewis" Ross (1914-1984) worked as a textile mechanic and was very active in the organization efforts of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) at the Celanese (before 1947, the Tubize) Corporation in Rome, Georgia. The papers consist of: union constitutions (CIO, Georgia State Industrial Union Council, TWUA local 689), contracts, grievances and memoranda from TWUA Washington Representative, John W. Edelman, to all Union Members, 1948-1950; pamphlets pertaining to racial and...
Abstract: The Textile Workers Union of America, Local 202 represented textile workers in Covington, Virginia. Its records, 1938-1976, include administrative files and correspondence of Local 202 elected officials; minutes; contract agreements and negotiation materials; Virginia CIO (later Virginia AFL-CIO) updates; wage rates and job descriptions; legislative materials; Shop Steward training materials; memos from TWUA Washington representative John Edelman; Labor Day celebration materials; convention...
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Northwest Georgia Joint Board of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) from 1949-1976. The records primarily document the activities of the TWUA Locals 689 and 789 located in Rome, Georgia, and include correspondence, minutes, subject files, financial records, grievances, arbitration cases, photographs, and printed materials. Officials in both locals corresponded with TWUA officers including presidents Emil Rieve and William Pollock, Political...
Abstract: The United Food and Commercial Workers Local 815T represented textile workers employed by the America Enka Company in Morristown, Tennessee. The records include meeting minutes, strike and protest organization materials, union membership and leadership rosters, member resignation records, union election records, business contracts, grievances, arbitration, and negotiations, benefits information, trial records, and records of the union local’s history with both the UFCW and the UTWA.
Abstract: United Textile Workers of America, Local 257 represented textile workers at various Erwin Cotton Mills plants in North Carolina and Mississippi. The local's records, 1900-1986 (bulk 1940-1960), consist primarily of grievances and arbitration cases. Other records include constitutions and bylaws, correspondence, union membership rosters, office files, photographic materials, financial ledgers, printed materials, and artifacts.
Dates: 1900-1986; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1960
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region, Area A from 1956-1975. Correspondence (1957-1972) comprises the bulk of the collection. The company files (1957-1967) contain NLRB case material, minutes of negotiation meetings, contract proposals, and financial statements. The collection also includes activity reports, printed material, financial documents, and photographs.
- Textile industry 8
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 8
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 4
- Labor unions -- Organizing 3
- minutes (administrative records) 3
- Industrial relations 2
- Rome (Ga.) 2
- Southern States 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Covington (Va.) 1
- Erwin (N.C.) 1
- Georgia 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Morristown (Tenn.) 1
- Steam engineers -- Labor unions 1
- Textile workers 1
- Virginia 1
- administrative records 1
- arbitration 1
- artifacts (object genre) 1
- black-and-white photographs 1
- case files 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Textile Workers Union of America 4
- Baldanzi, George 2
- Celanese Fibers Company (Rome, Ga.) 2
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 689 (Rome, Ga.) 2
- United Textile Workers of America 2
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1836 (North Charleston, S.C.) 1
- American Enka Company 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Viscose Corporation 1
- Brown, Joseph M., 1851-1932 1
- Dean, Everett 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Industrial Rayon Corporation 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers. Local 329 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kuettner, Alfred G. 1
- Rieve, Emil, 1892-1975 1
- Ross, Charles L. (Charles Lewis), 1914-1984 1
- Schaufenbil, Frances 1
- Smith, Hoke, 1855-1931 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 202 (Covington, Va.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 789 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Northwest Georgia Joint Board 1
- United Construction Workers 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 815T (Morristown, Tenn.) 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 257 (Erwin, N.C.) 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 815 (Morristown, Tenn.) 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Southern Region. Area A 1
- Whitmire, Roy 1 ∧ less