Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 3290 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Communications Workers of America from 1947-1966. Mainly includes correspondence and contains information on Local 3290 officers' attempt to disaffiliate from the CWA, Local 3290's subsequent placement under a temporary administrator, and the struggle between the CWA and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to determine the national bargaining agent for Western Electric Company installers. Also includes minutes,...
International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen and Helpers of America, Local 728 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Abstract: International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen and Helpers of America, Local 728 (Atlanta, Ga.) Local 728 (Atlanta, Georgia) founded in the 1930s, thrived in the 1950s under the leadership of President R. C. Cook and Secretary-Treasurer Weldon Mathis. The records primarily consist of grievance cases, 1958-1967, and a small amount of material related to organizing.
Abstract: The records of The Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, Local 315 contain letters, agreements, printed material, lists and notes describing the Union's work with nine Atlanta companies during the years 1947-1969.
- Clerks (Retail trade) -- Labor unions 1
- Department stores -- Employees 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Teamsters 1
- Telecommunication -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Telephone companies 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 2
- Beirne, Joseph A. 1
- Borden Company 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3290 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen and Helpers of America. Local 728 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1