Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The collection consists of correspondence, office memoranda and printed material maintained by the regional director’s office in Atlanta, Georgia.
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 3 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Abstract: American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO, Local 3 (Atlanta, Ga.) records, 1951-1974, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, legal files and printed material. Included are minutes of Greater Atlanta Public Employees District Council 14, 1966-1967, 1972. The records illuminate the local's daily concern with group insurance policies, membership maintenance, pensions, organizing in greater Atlanta area (particularly DeKalb County), legislative...
Abstract: International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers, Local 191 of Rome, Georgia, originated the significant 1969 strike against GE that led to an eventual federal lawsuit. Its records, 1953-1997, include documentation covering the daily operations, communications, and organization of the union.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Alabama 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Boycotts 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Florida 1
- Georgia 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Municipal officials and employees -- Labor unions 1
- Rome (Ga.) 1
- Southern States 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Region 6 1
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- AFSCME. Local 3 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- AFSCME. Local 92 (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers 1