Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: The Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, Simpson Division 210, located in Macon, Georgia, received its charter in 1883. The local's records, 1884-1918, 1949, consist primarily of correspondence, financial documents, minutes and committee reports.
Dates: 1884-1918; 1949
Abstract: The Records of the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen, Local 536, 1916-1924, consist of membership applications, correspondence, reports, and printed materials related to the work and labor issues of the Paducah, Kentucky, lodge.
Abstract: The Records, 1893-1971, of Lodge No. 1, the founding lodge of the International Association of Machinists, are composed principally of minutes that describe the problems faced by a railroad lodge as automobiles, busses, trucks and airplanes made profound changes in the transportation industry. Financial documents, that record the Lodge's varying economic situation through seven decades, constitute the bulk of the remaining records.
Abstract: The collection of Jesse Walton, 1949-1950, consists of clippings and correspondence describing the railway workers strikes, 1949-1950 and Walton's political contest against Hoke Smith in 1950.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Railroads -- Employees -- Labor unions 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Eight-hour movement 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Locomotive engineers -- Labor unions 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Macon (Ga.) 1
- Paducah (Ky.) 1
- Political campaigns 1 ∧ less
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 2
- Amalgamated Transit Union. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers (U.S.). Simpson Division 210 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen. Lodge 536 (Paducah, Ky.) 1
- Federated Railway Employees of Atlanta 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 1 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. District Lodge 112 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Lodge 2011 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Order of Railroad Telegraphers (U.S.) 1
- Walton, Jesse L. 1 ∧ less