Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract: The Alfred G. Kuettner Collection consists principally of the records, 1907-1916, of the Steam and Operating Engineers' Union Local 329, of Atlanta, Georgia. Kuettner was Secretary of Local 329, circa 1910-1915. The collection includes printed letters, minutes, and other documents, 1910-1916, from the International Steam and Operating Engineers Union; form letters of the American Federation of Labor and the Georgia Federation of Labor, 1911-1916, and a few leaves of Kuettner's personal papers,...
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America from 1918-1968. These records describe the business activities of Local 442 including the Meat Cutter's strikes of 1939 over agreements and of 1945 for a new contract to give union members a holiday on New Year's Day. A meat shortage of the mid-1940s resulted in a drop on the number of new members, loss and unemployment of old members, and dwindling money reserves....
Dates: 1918-1968; 1987
Abstract: The records of Atlanta Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (1954-1972), consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions and other printed materials.
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: Eight minute books, 1950-1967, recount the weekly meetings of Atlanta's Local 8 of the Bricklayers and Masons Union. Committee reports, bills paid, inter-union disputes, amendments, and resolutions are recorded as are elections and membership information. Quarterly audits, 1950-1955, constitutions, agreements, and working rules complete the records.
Abstract: Communication Workers of America, Local 3204 (Atlanta, Ga.) represents employees of Southern Bell in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Its office records consist mainly of correspondence (1966-1971), which concerns grievances, conventions, and agreements, and minutes, news releases and reports.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 3290 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Communications Workers of America from 1947-1966. Mainly includes correspondence and contains information on Local 3290 officers' attempt to disaffiliate from the CWA, Local 3290's subsequent placement under a temporary administrator, and the struggle between the CWA and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to determine the national bargaining agent for Western Electric Company installers. Also includes minutes,...
Abstract: The records of the Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada (GBBA), Local 101 (East Point, Ga.), 1953-1992, largely reflect the local's relationship with its principal employer, the Owens-Illinois Company plant in East Point. Contains eight series: Administrative, Contracts, Correspondence, Financial documents, Grievances, Legal documents, Minutes, and Subject files.
Abstract: International Association of Fire Fighters, Local 1460 (Marietta, Ga.) received its charter on January 9, 1963. Its records, 1962-1973, are composed of general subject files, correspondence and financial documents.
Abstract: The Office and Professional Employees International Union was formed in 1965 from the Office Employees International Union (1945-1965). Local 21's (Atlanta, Ga.) membership is comprised mainly of clerical workers employed in the offices of trade unions. The records of Local 21, 1958-1979, consist of correspondence, financial records, minutes, grievances, organizing files, contracts, pamphlets, and periodicals.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
Abstract: International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implementation Workers of America, Local Lodge 868 was located in Atlanta, Georgia and its members were employees of Chrysler Corporation, Parts Division which closed in October 1984. The records of Local 868, 1970-1984, consist of correspondence, finances, grievances, and negotiations, as well as artifacts.
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
- Labor unions -- Organizing 4
- Grievance arbitration 3
- Strikes and lockouts 3
- correspondence 3
- financial records 3
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 2
- Collective labor agreements 2
- Labor leaders 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Printers -- Labor unions 2
- Telecommunication -- Employees -- Labor unions 2
- Telephone companies 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Bricklayers 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 1
- Clerks -- Labor unions 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- East Point (Ga.) 1
- Fire fighters 1
- Glass manufacture 1
- Glassworkers -- Labor unions 1
- Grievance procedures 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Marietta (Ga.) 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- Plasterers -- Labor unions 1
- Printers 1
- Printing industry 1
- Professional employees -- Labor unions 1
- Steam engineers -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Wildcat strikes 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- membership lists 1
- pamphlets 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Atlanta Fire Fighters Union 1
- Beirne, Joseph A. 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brown, Joseph M., 1851-1932 1
- Chrysler Corporation 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3204 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3290 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cordery, Joseph C. (Joseph Carl) 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State Council of Carpenters 1
- Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. Local 101 (East Point, Ga.) 1
- Glass Container Manufacturers Institute 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Graphic Communications International Union 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- Hochuli, Jim 1
- International Association of Fire Fighters. Local 1460 (Marietta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers. Local 329 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 868 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 868 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kuettner, Alfred G. 1
- Mead Paper Company 1
- Meers, Ralph 1
- Moss, Charlie 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Office and Professional Employees International Union. Local 21 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company 1
- Pitts, Joseph C. (Joseph Clifton), 1937- 1
- Smith, Hoke, 1855-1931 1
- Southeastern Printing Specialties and Paper Products District Council 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- True, Martha, 1924-2008 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Construction Workers 1
- Western Electric Company 1
- Wilson, James Harvey 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union 1 ∧ less