Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: Division 732 of the Amalgamated Transit Union (Atlanta, Georgia) was recognized by the Georgia Railway and Power Company as a union in 1918. The relationship between Division 732 and the Atlanta Transit System, which lasted from 1950 to 1971, was relatively peaceful. After the purchase of the ATS by the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in 1971, the relationship between the union and management gradually deteriorated and led to the six day strike in 1973. The first contract...
Abstract: The collection consists of labor relation files of the various companies that have operated Atlanta's public transit system.
Abstract: The David Williams collection contains correspondence and minutes between the Georgia Railway and Power Company and a committee representing the company's employees as well as agreements between the company and the Amalgamated Association of Street and Electric Railway Employees of America, Local 732 and other documents including newspaper clippings, memoranda, bulletins and President Wilson's proclamation creating the National War Labor Board.
Abstract: The collection consists of papers of Henry W. Chandler, secretary, Georgia Federation of Labor and president, Atlanta Federation of Trades, from 1918-1973. Includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed materials relating to Chandler's work for those and other organizations.
Abstract: The collection of Jesse Walton, 1949-1950, consists of clippings and correspondence describing the railway workers strikes, 1949-1950 and Walton's political contest against Hoke Smith in 1950.
- Local transit 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Collective labor agreements -- Local transit 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Railroads -- Employees 1
- Railroads -- Employees -- Labor unions 1 ∧ less
- Amalgamated Transit Union. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America. Division 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Georgia Power Company 2
- Amalgamated Association of Street and Electric Railway Employees of America. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Transit Association 1
- Arkwright, Preston S. (Preston Stanley) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Atlanta Transit System 1
- Chandler, Henry W. 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia Railway & Power Company 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- United States. National War Labor Board (1918-1919) 1
- Walton, Jesse L. 1
- Williams, David (donor) 1 ∧ less