Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: Division 732 of the Amalgamated Transit Union (Atlanta, Georgia) was recognized by the Georgia Railway and Power Company as a union in 1918. The relationship between Division 732 and the Atlanta Transit System, which lasted from 1950 to 1971, was relatively peaceful. After the purchase of the ATS by the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in 1971, the relationship between the union and management gradually deteriorated and led to the six day strike in 1973. The first contract...
Abstract: American Federation of Government Employees, Local 1145 represents employees at the United States Penitentiary in Atlanta. The records, circa 1930s-1970s, primarily consist of printed material and the files of the local's longtime president, Ralph D. Stancil (1905-1978).
Dates: circa 1930s-1970s
Abstract: The Office and Professional Employees International Union was formed in 1965 from the Office Employees International Union (1945-1965). Local 21's (Atlanta, Ga.) membership is comprised mainly of clerical workers employed in the offices of trade unions. The records of Local 21, 1958-1979, consist of correspondence, financial records, minutes, grievances, organizing files, contracts, pamphlets, and periodicals.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
Abstract: International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implementation Workers of America, Local Lodge 868 was located in Atlanta, Georgia and its members were employees of Chrysler Corporation, Parts Division which closed in October 1984. The records of Local 868, 1970-1984, consist of correspondence, finances, grievances, and negotiations, as well as artifacts.
- minutes (administrative records) 3
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 2
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Clerks -- Labor unions 1
- Collective bargaining -- Government employees 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Local transit 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Prisons -- Officials and employees 1
- Professional employees -- Labor unions 1
- correspondence 1
- financial records 1
- membership lists 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- Amalgamated Transit Union. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Government Employees 1
- American Federation of Government Employees. Local 1145 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chrysler Corporation 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 868 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 868 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Office and Professional Employees International Union. Local 21 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Stancil, Ralph D. 1
- United States Penitentiary, Atlanta, Georgia 1 ∧ less