Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: Atlanta Fire Fighters Union, Independent was formed in 1966 by fire fighters disaffiliating from Local 134 of the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) because of the IAFF's refusal to support them in a strike against the Atlanta Fire Department. Its records, 1966, contain signed resignation forms, correspondence, minutes, grievance and arbitration case material, legal documents, membership data, newspaper clippings, and some printed items.
Abstract: The Edwin D. Harrison Collection contains materials regarding his role as mediator between the City of Atlanta and the Atlanta Firefighters Union in the mid-1960s.
Abstract: International Association of Fire Fighters, Local 1460 (Marietta, Ga.) received its charter on January 9, 1963. Its records, 1962-1973, are composed of general subject files, correspondence and financial documents.
Abstract: The collections consists of records of Local 1492 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Association of Fire Fighters from 1963-1974. Includes minutes, correspondence, financial documents, legal documents, printed material, and membership lists. Topics include union activities, wage disparities between fire fighters and law enforcement officers, and fluctuating membership.
- Fire fighters 2
- Fire fighters -- Labor unions 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Marietta (Ga.) 1
- Mediation and conciliation, Industrial 1
- Mediators (Persons) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta Fire Fighters Union, Independent (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Fire Fighters Union 1
- Harrison, Edwin D., 1916-2001 1
- International Association of Fire Fighters. Local 1460 (Marietta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Fire Fighters. Local 1492 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1