Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract: The James A. Parker papers, 1948, 1975 contain a news clipping regarding the dedication of a union hall in Hampton, SC, named for Mr. Parker and the 1948 year book of the South Carolina Federation of Labor as well as a copy of the membership application to Local 1992.
Dates: 1948, 1975
Abstract: Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
Abstract: The records, 1901-1968, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 396, Newport News, Virginia, consist of financial ledgers and minute books. The records include those of Local 887, Hampton, and a minute book from the Peninsular District of Virginia.
Abstract: The records of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners, Local 627 (Jacksonville, Fla.), 1937-1971, include correspondence, newsclippings, and printed material pertaining to Local 627's relations with the Florida State AFL-CIO, its predecessor the Florida State Federated Council AFL-CIO, the Florida State Building and Construction Trades Council, and the Jacksonville Metal Trades Council.
Abstract: The United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 1977 (Rome, Georgia) collection, 1921, 1968-1969, includes correspondence, insurance documents, a member passbook, and an AFL-CIO license plate.
Dates: 1921, 1967-1968
Abstract: The Wood, Wire and Metal Lathers' International Union was founded in 1899. Local 234 was located in Atlanta, Georgia. This collection includes Lathers' Craft Problems and Reference Book, lathers' apprentice training and instruction manual, Local 234 apprentice school journal (December 1964-October 1974), and worksite photographs (March 1975).
Dates: 1964-1975, undated
- Apprentices 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Woodworkers 2
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Hampton (S.C.) 1
- Hampton (Va.) 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- Labor union members 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions and education 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- Rome (Ga.) 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photographs 1
- training manuals 1 ∧ less
- Florida State AFL-CIO 1
- Florida State Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Jacksonville Metal Trades Council (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Nunn, Louis M. 1
- Parker, James A. (labor leader) 1
- South Carolina Building and Construction Trades Association 1
- South Carolina State Federation of Labor 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1977 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 396 (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 627 (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 887 (Hampton, Va.) 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union. Local 234 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less