Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education (COPE) Area 3 comprised Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, and West Virginia. COPE’s main purpose was to solicit and encourage voting and voter registration, especially among women, minority, senior citizen and youth voters. The records of AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education, Area 3, 1964-1984, contain correspondence, field reports, news clippings, surveys, reports, memoranda, political fund-raising materials,...
Abstract: The AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education (COPE) Area 3 covers the region comprising Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Its records, 1970-1979, consist primarily of correspondence and printed material generated by the state labor federations in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, and South Carolina and West Virginia.
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America (CIO) was formed in 1947; the former Southern Federation of Telephone Workers (independent) became CWA Division 49. In 1950, through a reorganization of the structure of CWA, the nine southern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee became District 3 of the CWA. The records consist primarily of more than 5500 non-precedent grievances filed by the union against its principal...
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Political action committees 2
- West Virginia 2
- Elections 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Labor unions 1
- Louisiana 1
- Mississippi 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Telecommunication -- Employees 1
- Telecommunication -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Telephone companies 1
- Telephone companies -- Employees 1
- Tennessee 1
- Voter registration 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education. Area 3 2
- AFL-CIO. Executive Council 2
- Dowler, Clement 2
- National Council of Senior Citizens 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education. Women's Activities Dept. 1