Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Cathey W. Steinberg was recognized as a leader for consumer, family, and women's rights during her service in the Georgia House of Representatives (1977-1989) and Georgia Senate (1991-1993). Her papers consist of correspondence, newsclippings, legislation, printed materials, reports, speeches, and campaign materials, 1976-1994, that document her public service and political campaigns.
Dorothy J. Tracy, activist, author, financial planner, and lobbyist, was born in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in 1920. The bulk of the Dorothy J. Tracy Papers, circa 1967-1995, focuses on Tracy's efforts to ratify the ERA in Georgia through such organizations as the League of Women Voters of Georgia and Atlanta/Fulton, Georgians for ERA, and ERA Georgia, Inc. [the former Georgia Council for ERA].
The papers document women's rights activist Janet Cukor's involvement in efforts to pass the Equal Rights Amendment in the state of Georgia, and her participation in the National Women's Conference in Houston, Texas in November 1977, as well as her interest in other women-centered issues such as displaced homemakers, marriage and divorce legislation, and women in the workforce.
Linda Hallenborg Kurtz was the founder and chair of the Georgia Women's Political Caucus (GWPC), an officer of the ERA GA, Inc., vice chair and member of the board of directors of the National Women's Political Caucus (NWPC) and director of governmental affairs for Planned Parenthood of the Atlanta Area. The Linda Hallenborg Kurtz Papers, 1979-1995, document her involvement with the Georgia Women's Political Caucus (GWPC) and the National Women's Political Caucus (NWPC).
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 2
- artifacts (object genre) 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Cobb County (Ga.) 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Women -- Political activity 1
- Women legislators 1
- Women political consultants 1
- Women politicians 1
- Women--Political activity 1
- photocopies 1
- photographs 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 4
- Ackerman, Virginia MacMahon, 1939- 1
- Cukor, Janet, 1924- 1
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Kurtz, Linda Hallenborg, 1948- 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, TX) 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- Steinberg, Cathey W. (Cathey Weiss), 1942- 1
- Tracy, Dorothy J., 1920- 1
- Women and the Constitution (1988 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less