Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) records
The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) represented the interests of the employees of the city of Atlanta until the local was absorbed by the conglomerated Local 1644.
Mary Lynn Walker, a Georgia native, became very active in the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) in the late 1960s and rose to executive positons never before held by a female. The Mary Lynn Walker collection contains documents and newspaper articles chronicling labor employment issues such as unfair labor practices, age discrimination, and improper loans of government employment.
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 1
- Labor unions 1
- Municipal officials and employees -- Labor unions 1
- Women labor leaders 1
- AFSCME 1
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- AFSCME. Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Government Employees 1
- National Federation of Federal Employees 1
- Walker, Mary Lynn, 1937- 1 ∧ less