Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Asheville Labor Temple was founded in 1924. Its Records, 1920-1931, 1949-1970, are composed of correspondence, financial statements, minutes, and printed items. The records include some minutes and financial documents of the Asheville Central Labor Union.
In 1958, the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council merged to form the AFL-CIO, Birmingham (Alabama) Labor Council. Records, 1954-1965, include minutes of the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council, 1955-1958, and of the Birmingham Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 1964-1965, and correspondence, financial documents, printed material, and photographs.
The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO, Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) from 1953-1983. The records are comprised mainly of minutes (1957-1983) documenting the Council's activities, correspondence (1970-1971), and printed materials.
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO, 1947-1976, consist primarily of minutes, directories, memoranda, contracts, correspondence and lists of both affiliated and non-affiliated local unions in Virginia.
The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
- Labor unions 3
- Asheville (N.C.) 2
- Georgia 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Virginia 2
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Bus drivers 1
- Decatur (Ala.) 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Labor unions and mass media 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- financial records 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 2
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 2
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Augusta Federation of Trades. (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Birmingham Labor Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Asheville Labor Temple (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Augusta Central Labor Union (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Birmingham Federation of Labor (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Birmingham Industrial Union Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Stepp, Raymond 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1 ∧ less